Skip to main content

Older Finishes

A fellow blogger wanted me to post some pictures of some of my older finishes. So Michelle this is for you:

"I Sigh Not For  Beauty" by Ruth Ann Russell
Sampler & Antique Needlework Quarterly #24 Fall 2001
Completed in 2002

My wife really liked this one so I stitched her name and date in the sampler.

"American Sampler" by Sandy Orton
Treasures in Needlework Spring 1993
Completed in 1993

"Provence Sampler" by Butternut Road
Stitched on 28-ct linen over 1 using Caron Watercolors Camaflouge
Completed 1999
Will post some more over the next few days as I get some pictures taken.  Really need to practice on my photography.



Comments

Michelle said…
Yay!! Pictures!! I am in love with that American Sampler. The colors are just luscious. And how sweet to stitch your wife's name in the sampler too.
Sandy said…
What beautiful work you do, Robert ... every single piece!! I'm looking forward to photos of your Sarah Woodham now. Thanks so much for sharing these.
Margaret said…
Oh wow! Michelle just pointed out your blog and I'm glad she did! Beautiful work! I can't believe you just finished the JCS 1707 Sampler -- talk about coincidence! I've been eyeing that sampler recently and thinking about ordering the chart! I'm currently working on Sarah Woodham as well. I've only got the top part done though. Glad to have found you!
Sharon said…
WOW your work is just fabulous. I am so happy that you joined the blogging world, I love seeing what others work on. Everything is just so nice.
Katrina said…
Robert, Michelle pointed me to your blog. She always talks about how wonderful your stitching is, and she's right!!!! Everything is gorgeous. Glad you decided to start blogging :-).
Robert said…
Thank you all for the kind comments. Margaret --I have been following your blog for a couple of months. Great work on the Sarah Woodham. I must say that the border is not my favorite thing to work on since it is always about the same. But I am nearly completed with the border. Have all the vine completed. Now just to add all the red and white flowers. Will post a picture later today.
Siobhán said…
What beautiful work, Robert! The framing is great, too--nice on its own, but lets the stitching shine through. Lovely job!
Margaret said…
Thanks, Robert! I'm flattered that you like my blog! Looking forward to seeing your Sarah! (Right now I'm being tortured by the over one verse. I figure I'll take it in stages. lol!)
Deb said…
Oh my goodness! I am so happy that Michelle pointed me to your blog too. You have some absolutely gorgeous finishes. Now I'm going to have to go on a hunt for I Sign Not for Beauty! I can't wait to see more of your beautiful work! Welcome to the world of blogging.
Hi Robert, I'm a friend of Michelle's and I'm so excited to see your work. You have excellent taste in samplers. I am working on Sarah Woodham right now, too. The American Sampler is definitely one that I plan to do one day. I'll be back...
Nicole said…
Hi Robert, another one of Michelle's friends here! You have a great blog so far! Can't wait to see your Sarah Woodham progress pic. I definitely want to stitch that one soon!! :)
Laurie in Iowa said…
Hi Robert,

I'm a friend of Michelle's too. I'm so glad that she told us about about your leap into the blogging world. Tbanks so much for sharing some photos of your beautiful samplers with us. I'm really looking forward to seeing your Sarah Woodham.
Tanya said…
I am glad Michelle convinced you to start a blog then she pointed us in your direction. You certainly have some awesome finishes. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.
Glenna said…
Hi, I came here because Michelle was raving about your work, and she's right! Lovely, lovely samplers. I hadn't seen the first one before, so now i will have to go in search of that SANQ.
lena-lou said…
Hi, Just to say I think you do beautiful stitching , I love the American Sampler - such detail !! I can only dream of having enough patience to stitch something like that :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Back in the Game!

Once again I have been away from my blog for way too long.  I get caught up in a lot of other things rather than posting pics of starts and finishes. These last couple of months have gone by way too fast. I have received a couple of messages from some followers making sure I was okay and looking forward to an update. I do have a few finishes and will spread these out over the next couple of weeks. First up is one that had been in the WIP pile for a long time -- Not For Us Alone from Amy Mitten.  Amy taught this piece at the Tudor Rose Sampler Guild back in the early 2000's (I cannot remember the date/year that I took the class). A friend of mine took the class with me and she had finished hers a long time ago. She recently moved and hung the sampler in her dining room.  So needless to say every time I go over to her house it was taunting me to get mine finished.  So here is my completed Not For Us Alone. Amy Mitten Designs Kit -Worked on 36-ct ...

Mary Allen 1818 Finished!

Once again I must thank all of you for your kind words and comments on my blog. I have meet some wonderful people in this venture who share the same passion for needlework. I was really surprised when I went to compose my blog post today and noticed that I have 199 followers. I will put something together for a little drawing so please stay posted. We finally have some decent weather in Texas (no +100F days since we had a cool front that moved into the area last night). Our high temperature for the day was only 81F and expected to get down into the low 60s overnight.  I could get use to this but we are expected to get back into the lower 90's by the end of the week.  But it is still try (no measureable rain received or expected) leaving us still in a severe drought situation. So we are still praying for rain. My goal was to finish Sampler's Rembered Mary Allen 1818 by Labor Day and I put the last stitches in on Saturday, September 3. ...

Christmas in July!

I would like to thank all of you for your kind comments, thoughts and prayers regarding my health issue. A brief update is provided at the end of the post. In my last post I had not yet decided whether to start something new or to finish something in my WIP pile.   It has been very hot here in North Texas so doing a couple of holiday pieces seemed to be in order. Jane Pattison 1806 by Shakespeare's Peddler I have had this chart in my stash since it first became available.   This piece really looks very looks and feels like a Christmas sampler with the border of green garland and candles.   I stitched this on 40-ct Lakeside linen using the recommended Gentle Arts Sampler Threads instead of the recommended wool threads. I did substitute the Harvest Basket with Gold Leaf since the Harvest Basket was very close in color to Cidermill Brown and I wanted to add a little bit of gold to the piece like in the picture on the pattern. I also stitch two bands...