Skip to main content

Frances Pool and a Gift for a Friend

Just a quick post to show you two recent finishes.

The first is Frances Pool 1832 by With Thy Needle and Thread.
 



Frances Pool 1832 by With Thy Needle and Thread/Country Stitches
Worked on 36-ct R&R Linen using recommended Gentle Arts and Weeks Dye Works threads.

The second one is a gift for a friend who lost there son in October 2011. Adam was a big fan of Bob Dylan's poetry and music.  So when I saw this small sampler I knew right away that I needed to stitch it in memory of Adam. So here are a couple of pictures before I take it to the framer.



Stars & Diamonds by Heartstring Samplery
Worked on 40-ct Lakeside Lentil using recommended Gentle Arts Sampler Threads

Happy Stitchin...

Robert

Comments

Love to Stitch said…
Both great finishes. I have FP kitted up and ready to go. What a great gift for your friend- they will treasure it always.
Melissa said…
Ah, Robert, every time I come here I just want to stitch what you have stitched.

Frances Poole? I wanted to ignore her but now...hard to!

Stars & Diamonds - I've never seen this before. It's a lovely gift for your friend.

In short - beautiful stitching as always!
You have an eye for choosing the most beautiful designs to stitch and then you stitch them to perfection. What a truly lovely gift to stitch.
SamplerNut said…
Oh Robert....Frances is just beautiful. I love this sampler. Guess it will have to be on my list after the Pink Sparrow Sampler. What a lovely gift to give to your friend!! I know it will be gratefully received.
Margaret said…
Both are beautiful. The sampler for your friend will be treasured for sure.
What a nice thing to make for your friends. Lovely.
Lizzy Pizzy said…
Both gorgeous samplers. Thanks for sharing your finishes - always very inspirational. Lovely idea with the Heartstrings Samplery piece,
Liz x
Christine said…
They are both beautiful
Chris said…
What gorgeous finishes! Such a lovely sampler for your friend.
Anonymous said…
Both stunning, gorgeous finishes. Frances Poole...I love that sampler..and have recently ordered for myself. And the memorial sampler, perfect.
Lanie said…
As always, Robert, wonderful pieces with perfect stitching.
Frances Pool is just lovely ... I love the colors. And Stars and Diamonds is such a touching piece for your friend.
Katrina said…
Both finishes are so sweet,and what a nice thing to do for your friend.

Hope you are feeling great!!!!!
Sonia said…
bellissimi, complimenti!
Glenna said…
So lovely, both of them, but especially the gift. Love the verse.
Shebafudge said…
Both lovely - congratulations!
dixiesamplar said…
Wow, they are both beautiful, Robert! And the memorial sampler is very touching...so sorry for their loss.
Deborah said…
Beautiful finishes.
Catherine said…
Beautiful finishes and what a lovely gift for your friends...
Karoline said…
Two gorgeous finishes, congratulations
Sharon said…
Two amazing looking finishes. Congrats!
Jackie said…
I was out searching on google and just found your blog. Your work is magnifique!!! Hope your health is better.
Blessings,
Jackie:)
Dona said…
Your Frances Poole is lovely! What a thoughtful design to stitch for your friend. It's such a sweet design.
Maria said…
Thank you for this beautiful post and you have been really doing great things with your blog, Did anyone here know that medical scientists have discovered a new way to battle hiv aids by using a man called dr itua. My name is Maria Lucia from California.i saw a comment on positive blogs and i will love to tell everybody how my status changes to negative and i got cured, and am now a living witness of it and i think it's a shame on me if i don't share this lovely story with other people infected with this deadly virus. hiv has been ongoing in my family, i lost both parents to hiv. and it is so much pain I've not been able to get over. As we all know medically there is no solution to it..and medication is very expensive..so someone introduced me to a herbal practitioner in africa, i had a job there to execute so i took time to check out on him.i showed him all my tests and results. I was already disorganized with hiv and it was already taking its toll on me..
I had spent thousands of dollars so I decided to try him out. Although I didn't believe in it, I was just trying it out of frustration? and after 14 days, he told me to go for a medical test. and you won't believe that 5 different doctors confirmed that I am negative..it was like a dream,,I never believed hiv has a cure..am now negative, am a living witness..i don't know how to thank this man? I just want to help others in any way I can. I have joined many forums and have posted these testimonies and a lot of people have emailed and called this man on the phone and after 14 days they all confirmed negative. BBC news took it live and everybody saw it and it's now out in papers and magazines that there is a herbal cure for HIV and all with the help of this man, if you wish to take it or not.god knows i have tried my best. About 28 people have been confirmed negative through the herbal cure of dr itua and they send mails to thank me after they have been confirmed negative,,this man is real..don't miss this chance,,hiv is a deadly virus,,get rid of it now. if there is anyone who has similar problem and still looking for a way out, his email still remains drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call or whatsapp him on +2348149277967 doctor itua can as well cure the following disease:- hiv/aids, herpes,cancer, als,hepatitis b,diabetes
thanks moderators

Popular posts from this blog

Back in the Game!

Once again I have been away from my blog for way too long.  I get caught up in a lot of other things rather than posting pics of starts and finishes. These last couple of months have gone by way too fast. I have received a couple of messages from some followers making sure I was okay and looking forward to an update. I do have a few finishes and will spread these out over the next couple of weeks. First up is one that had been in the WIP pile for a long time -- Not For Us Alone from Amy Mitten.  Amy taught this piece at the Tudor Rose Sampler Guild back in the early 2000's (I cannot remember the date/year that I took the class). A friend of mine took the class with me and she had finished hers a long time ago. She recently moved and hung the sampler in her dining room.  So needless to say every time I go over to her house it was taunting me to get mine finished.  So here is my completed Not For Us Alone. Amy Mitten Designs Kit -Worked on 36-ct ...

Mary Allen 1818 Finished!

Once again I must thank all of you for your kind words and comments on my blog. I have meet some wonderful people in this venture who share the same passion for needlework. I was really surprised when I went to compose my blog post today and noticed that I have 199 followers. I will put something together for a little drawing so please stay posted. We finally have some decent weather in Texas (no +100F days since we had a cool front that moved into the area last night). Our high temperature for the day was only 81F and expected to get down into the low 60s overnight.  I could get use to this but we are expected to get back into the lower 90's by the end of the week.  But it is still try (no measureable rain received or expected) leaving us still in a severe drought situation. So we are still praying for rain. My goal was to finish Sampler's Rembered Mary Allen 1818 by Labor Day and I put the last stitches in on Saturday, September 3. ...

Back in the Saddle!

Hello to all my fellow stitchers/bloggers and thank you for stopping by! I cannot believe that it has been over 2 months since my last post. Where does the time go? I have been away from the blogging world due to some unforeseen health issues. I have posted a brief summary and update at the end of this blog if you are interested. As stated in my last post, I lost a little bit of my mojo in the stitching realm. I could not focus on any of my projects. I decided to focus on the Mexican Schoolgirl Practice Sampler c1830 by Samplers Remembered . This one had some bright colors and different motifs which at least made me feel like I was making some progress. Worked on 40-ct Porcelain Lakeside Linen using DMC and the recommended Waterlilies. After this was completed I decided to start Sarah Elizabeth Brooke’s 1842 by The Scarlet House . This was a very fun stitch and kept me occupied during my recovery from surgery. I stitched the grassy area at the bottom of the sampler us...