Skip to main content

Mary Wigham Finish

I finally finished my reimagined Mary Wigham samplar at the end of last month.


Mary Wigham by Needleprint
Stitched on 40-ct Light Examplar using HDF Silk

As stated in a previous post, I saw a finished one done in three colors and really liked it more than the original colors. I did change the wording in the center motif to reflect the year that it was stitched and included initials from members of my family.

I am currently splitting my time between the Patricks Woods class piece and Elizabeth Sheffield.  I will post updated snaps once I make a little bit more progress.

Comments

Melissa said…
It's just gorgeous! Love the colours you used as well!
Margaret said…
Oh it's lovely! I like how it looks with your color palette! Very nice! Looking forward to seeing your Elizabeth and the Patrick's Woods class piece too!
GingerCat said…
This is just beautiful. I like the colors and what you did with the date, initials etc. Thanks for sharing!
Kim said…
Robert I love it!! She's gorgeous! I will definitely be switching to similar colors if/when I ever stitch this one. Just lovely!
dixiesamplar said…
Bee-u-tiful, Robert!! Lovely choice of colors...very vibrant...well done!

Happy Stitchin'
Terri
Maggie said…
Wonderful finish!
I can't believe how quickly you stitched this up, your needle must be smokin!!
Michelle said…
Gorgeous! I knew you'd have a finish of this one soon. I love how it turned out with the color palette. Very nice! Can't wait to see your progress on Elizabeth Sheffield!!
Sylvia said…
I really, really love what you did this is. It looks amazing!! I am looking forward to seeing some more of your Elizabeth Sheffield.
Karen said…
WOW - great finish, such a beautiful choice of colors! GREAT JOB!!! I need to get MINE done, too!
Laurie in Iowa said…
Love your choice of colors... it's a beautiful sampler.
Ellen said…
Absolutely gorgeous! Love the colors!

Hugs,
Carol R said…
I popped over from the HDF Broad. Beautiful finish with a lovely choice of colours.
Katrina said…
Gorgeous!!! I love the colors. Can't wait to see Elizabeth too, I have her all kitted and ready to go :-).
Dona said…
Beautiful finish! And the additions of your family's initials is special.
Brigitte said…
This is just gorgeous!
What a beautiful piece of work. I love the design below with the florentine work in it - the colours are very appealing.
Karen said…
A beautiful piece, Robert...absolutely lovely!
Giovanna said…
Congrats on the great finish!
Kathy A. said…
Wow, Robert - what a stunning piece. Congratulations on the big finish.
Bertie said…
Congratulations, the colours are just stunning:))
Felicity said…
Great job. You should be very pleased with yourself.
Angie Burrett said…
You should be very proud - the finished sampler looks so beautiful. Well done.
Terri said…
Lovely, Robert! Congratulations on another beautiful finish.
Robert this piece is a great job..lovely finish. Congrats on such an accomplishment.

~reina~

http://reina-reinaknits.blogspot.com/
Kerri said…
What a stunning sampler. You have an amazing eye for color! I have no idea how you stitched this so fast!
Congratulations on another beauty!
Anonymous said…
my first visit to your blog ! love this sampler, just wonderful
David said…
I love your sampler and your color choice. Absolutely stunning.
MeganH said…
Fantastic choice and balance of colour!
Beth said…
Robert - it is beyond beautiful! Such a complex and large stitch - it will be a treasured heirloom for generations to come! Congrats!

Popular posts from this blog

Back in the Game!

Once again I have been away from my blog for way too long.  I get caught up in a lot of other things rather than posting pics of starts and finishes. These last couple of months have gone by way too fast. I have received a couple of messages from some followers making sure I was okay and looking forward to an update. I do have a few finishes and will spread these out over the next couple of weeks. First up is one that had been in the WIP pile for a long time -- Not For Us Alone from Amy Mitten.  Amy taught this piece at the Tudor Rose Sampler Guild back in the early 2000's (I cannot remember the date/year that I took the class). A friend of mine took the class with me and she had finished hers a long time ago. She recently moved and hung the sampler in her dining room.  So needless to say every time I go over to her house it was taunting me to get mine finished.  So here is my completed Not For Us Alone. Amy Mitten Designs Kit -Worked on 36-ct ...

Mary Allen 1818 Finished!

Once again I must thank all of you for your kind words and comments on my blog. I have meet some wonderful people in this venture who share the same passion for needlework. I was really surprised when I went to compose my blog post today and noticed that I have 199 followers. I will put something together for a little drawing so please stay posted. We finally have some decent weather in Texas (no +100F days since we had a cool front that moved into the area last night). Our high temperature for the day was only 81F and expected to get down into the low 60s overnight.  I could get use to this but we are expected to get back into the lower 90's by the end of the week.  But it is still try (no measureable rain received or expected) leaving us still in a severe drought situation. So we are still praying for rain. My goal was to finish Sampler's Rembered Mary Allen 1818 by Labor Day and I put the last stitches in on Saturday, September 3. ...

Back in the Saddle!

Hello to all my fellow stitchers/bloggers and thank you for stopping by! I cannot believe that it has been over 2 months since my last post. Where does the time go? I have been away from the blogging world due to some unforeseen health issues. I have posted a brief summary and update at the end of this blog if you are interested. As stated in my last post, I lost a little bit of my mojo in the stitching realm. I could not focus on any of my projects. I decided to focus on the Mexican Schoolgirl Practice Sampler c1830 by Samplers Remembered . This one had some bright colors and different motifs which at least made me feel like I was making some progress. Worked on 40-ct Porcelain Lakeside Linen using DMC and the recommended Waterlilies. After this was completed I decided to start Sarah Elizabeth Brooke’s 1842 by The Scarlet House . This was a very fun stitch and kept me occupied during my recovery from surgery. I stitched the grassy area at the bottom of the sampler us...