Skip to main content

James and Jane Finishes

As promised in my last blog entry, here is a picture of my finished Jane Atkinson.

Jane Atkinson by Scarlet Letter
40-ct Doeskin Lakeside Linen using DMC

I really liked working on this one with all of the colors but the over one saying was a bugger to get completed on the 40-ct linen that was very tightly woven. 

I also finished James Wilson (a reproduction by the Haslemere Educational Museum). This was a very quick and fun stich.


James Wilson by Haslemere Educational Museum
40-ct Claypot Lakeside Linen using HDF silks


A closeup of the top center motif. The leaves are done with a satin stitch as is the flower band underneath the tree.


A closeup of the bottom right corner with James' signature block.

I am still working my the counted canves piece (Oh My Stars by Needle Delights). I have not really worked on this one a lot since my last update.



This is a really fun piece also but big. There will end up being 225 of those little 12x12 blocks in the center whicb contain the stars once this is finished (not to mention the border of an additional 44 block).  But making progress none the less.

Still deciding what I want to work on next but I am sure that it will be something in the WIP pile since my goal is to get some of these completed this year.

As always thanks for visiting.

Comments

Anonymous said…
How awesomely gorgeous both Jane and James are! Stunning both of them!
Melissa said…
Wow Wow Wow. I have to stitch Jane this year. I'm sure the colours will just keep me happy through and through. I love James too. You did a wonderful job on both - Congratulations, Robert!

The canvas piece is looking awesome too. It really does look like a quilt.
Jules said…
Beautiful finishes!!! I especially like the James Wilson piece. So much detail!!

Your WIP is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.
Deb said…
Absolutely beautiful finishes!! I just love all three of your pieces. It was because of you that I ordered the James Wilson sampler and now I can't wait to start it - yours looks so wonderful. Love your needlepoint piece too - it reminds me of Nova and looks like each square would be fun to work.
Margaret said…
Both are just gorgeous! James is amazing -- I just have to stitch him! I have the chart now anyway. :D Can I ask -- can one print the chart out or does one need the longer A3 paper they use in the UK? Oh, such gorgeosity! Thanks for showing us your finishes!
Laurie in Iowa said…
Both Jane and James are gorgeous. Congratulations on your finishes. TFS
robindefender said…
Beautiful finishes!
Siobhán said…
Fantastic finishes!! I need to finish Sarah Woodham and I think I've finally gotten into a groove with her, but now I see your Jane and it makes me want to throw everything aside and get back to that sampler! Your samplers are amazing! I love your James Wilson finish, too. Nice canvas work, also!
Giovanna said…
Both samplers are gorgeous, congratulations! And the canvaswork is beautiful too.
Faye said…
James and Jane are stunning!! You are an amazingly fast stitcher and I love both of these projects...The counted thread piece is intriquing also...I have just finished a cut thread class which exposed me to counted thread..I am really a cross stitcher, but it is sometimes interesting to step out of the box. Nice job!! Faye
Robert said…
Margaret - I was able to print on standard US papaer without any difficulty. The trick is to make sure that you have the page scaling selected for Fit to Printable area. This uses your default printer page settings.
Michelle said…
Robert, both pieces are amazing! I am so glad that I am lucky enough to see them in person. Stunning! And I still can't believe how fast you finished James. Love that one - the colors pop so well on that Clay Pot fabric. Can't wait to see what's up next. You are really making good progress on your canvaswork. You'll be a master at it!
Unknown said…
Oh Oh Oh! LOVE IT!!!
congrats on the finish! it's BEAUTIFUL!
Terri said…
WOW! Just wow, on both pieces! Seeing your "James" finished makes me want to drop everything I have going on and start it!
Katrina said…
Robert, gorgeous finishes!!! Congrats, I love Jane and I am sure as a man who stitches, it was fun to repro by another man :-).
Cathy Lloyd said…
Robert, your stitching is just fabulous! I just bought Jane Atkinson's chart a few weeks ago. Isn't it just divine? It's on the backburner for now, but definitely on my radar!
Anonymous said…
Robert, your samplers are gorgeous. I love them both! Make sure you send Jacqueline from Needleprint a photo of your finished James Wilson. It will inspire so many stitchers. It is one of the prettiest samplers I have ever seen.
Angela
Loraine said…
I am in awe with both of your finishes! Just breathtaking. I particularly like James Wilson! Thanks so much for sharing. I don't know how you think that is a "quick finish". I'd be lucky to get it done in 5 years!
Great job!
Nicole said…
Gorgeous finishes Robert!! I love them both! I just kitted James - can't wait to get started one of these days! :)
Kathy A. said…
WOW! Those are absolutely stunning pieces. What magnificent works of are you have done! Congratulations.
Brigitte said…
Two absolutely stunning finishes!!!
Mary said…
Both samplers are amazing! Congratulations!
Lili said…
Hi! Nice to meet you!
So beautiful works!
Sue said…
Your two finishes are just stunning. Congrats!!
Mrs Dibble said…
Oh these are magnificent - inspiring - and FINISHED....I have bought several charts recently for samplers.....they are in the pile.....oh hum!!!!!
Beth said…
Jane is gorgious and so is James Wilson - how anything that large could be a "quick stitch" is beyond my comprehension! Wow!
Chelsea said…
Major major like regarding Jane Arkinson. I'm working on her, too. I'm on page 2, working on 40ct linen, with HDF silks. I'm loving the piece. Yours is beautiful. You do such lovely work!

The Oh My Stars is beautiful too. I have a couple NDO pieces in the works as well. We seem to have similar tastes. :) Although you stitch faster and better than me.

James' sampler is lovely. Nice job!
Anonymous said…
Hello Robert, I am a new follower of your blog. Your stitching is absolutely amazing, beautiful work. All the best, Ann
Carole said…
Vraiment MAGNIFIQUE Robert, je vais visiter régulièrement votre blog,,,,,,,Un grand Bravo ! ! !

Carole (Cap-Saint-Ignace, Québec)

Popular posts from this blog

Back in the Game!

Once again I have been away from my blog for way too long.  I get caught up in a lot of other things rather than posting pics of starts and finishes. These last couple of months have gone by way too fast. I have received a couple of messages from some followers making sure I was okay and looking forward to an update. I do have a few finishes and will spread these out over the next couple of weeks. First up is one that had been in the WIP pile for a long time -- Not For Us Alone from Amy Mitten.  Amy taught this piece at the Tudor Rose Sampler Guild back in the early 2000's (I cannot remember the date/year that I took the class). A friend of mine took the class with me and she had finished hers a long time ago. She recently moved and hung the sampler in her dining room.  So needless to say every time I go over to her house it was taunting me to get mine finished.  So here is my completed Not For Us Alone. Amy Mitten Designs Kit -Worked on 36-ct ...

Mary Allen 1818 Finished!

Once again I must thank all of you for your kind words and comments on my blog. I have meet some wonderful people in this venture who share the same passion for needlework. I was really surprised when I went to compose my blog post today and noticed that I have 199 followers. I will put something together for a little drawing so please stay posted. We finally have some decent weather in Texas (no +100F days since we had a cool front that moved into the area last night). Our high temperature for the day was only 81F and expected to get down into the low 60s overnight.  I could get use to this but we are expected to get back into the lower 90's by the end of the week.  But it is still try (no measureable rain received or expected) leaving us still in a severe drought situation. So we are still praying for rain. My goal was to finish Sampler's Rembered Mary Allen 1818 by Labor Day and I put the last stitches in on Saturday, September 3. ...

Christmas in July!

I would like to thank all of you for your kind comments, thoughts and prayers regarding my health issue. A brief update is provided at the end of the post. In my last post I had not yet decided whether to start something new or to finish something in my WIP pile.   It has been very hot here in North Texas so doing a couple of holiday pieces seemed to be in order. Jane Pattison 1806 by Shakespeare's Peddler I have had this chart in my stash since it first became available.   This piece really looks very looks and feels like a Christmas sampler with the border of green garland and candles.   I stitched this on 40-ct Lakeside linen using the recommended Gentle Arts Sampler Threads instead of the recommended wool threads. I did substitute the Harvest Basket with Gold Leaf since the Harvest Basket was very close in color to Cidermill Brown and I wanted to add a little bit of gold to the piece like in the picture on the pattern. I also stitch two bands...