It seems that I have not been able to focus on a single project lately. There always seems to be something a little bit more intereseting to stitch than the current project I am wanting to finish.
Apologies in advance for the quality of the photos - for some reason the pictures look more gold/yellow than they are in real life...
In the past month I have worked on Scarlet Letter's Coraggio. I have had this chart in my stash for a few years and thought about it when it was mentioned by someone on a board a vist every once in a while. I am working this on 40-count Lakesde Linen Pecan Butter using a combination of Au Ver a Soie (AVAS) and Hand-Dyed Fibers (HDF) silks.
I have also started Mexican School Girl Practice c1830 by Sampler's Remembered. This is being worked on 40-count Lakeside Linen Porcelain using a combination of DMC and Waterlilies. Afer it is completed I plan on aging it with Walnut Crystals from Stacy Nash. This is a fun piece since it has some bright colors and fun motifs.
And if that was not enough, I have also started Christmas Garden by Blackbird Designs. Nicole inspired me on converting the recommended Gentle Art Sampler Threads to silks. I decided to work mine in Thread Gather Silk N Colors and Glorianna silks on 36-ct Picture This Plus Heritage.
A fellow male blogger and stitcher-- Edgar -- also inspired me to get back to my Shores of Hawk Run Hollow by Carriage House Samplings. I really like this design and always wonder why I always but it aside.I am going to personilize this with the dates that I was in the US Navy. I am using DMC on 40-count Lakeside Linen Examplar.
Hopefully, I will have something finished to show you in my next posting instead of just some works in process -- unless I find something else to start and add to the never ending list of projects!
Happy Easter, Passover and Spring -- Thanks again for stopping by and visiting.
Apologies in advance for the quality of the photos - for some reason the pictures look more gold/yellow than they are in real life...
In the past month I have worked on Scarlet Letter's Coraggio. I have had this chart in my stash for a few years and thought about it when it was mentioned by someone on a board a vist every once in a while. I am working this on 40-count Lakesde Linen Pecan Butter using a combination of Au Ver a Soie (AVAS) and Hand-Dyed Fibers (HDF) silks.
Coraggio by The Scarlet Letter
40-count Lakeside Linen Pecan Butter with AVAS and HDF
I started work on the mermaid but I need to re-think the recommended process of outlining and then filling in with the stitches. Doing it this way tends to lose some of the definition of the outline. I guess I could go back around the outline after the fill in is complete. I really like this one and I am looking forward to doing the bargello or flamestitch.I have also started Mexican School Girl Practice c1830 by Sampler's Remembered. This is being worked on 40-count Lakeside Linen Porcelain using a combination of DMC and Waterlilies. Afer it is completed I plan on aging it with Walnut Crystals from Stacy Nash. This is a fun piece since it has some bright colors and fun motifs.
Mexican School Girl Practice Sampler c1830 by Samplers Remembered
40-count Lakeside Linen Porcelain with DMC and Waterlilies
40-count Lakeside Linen Porcelain with DMC and Waterlilies
And if that was not enough, I have also started Christmas Garden by Blackbird Designs. Nicole inspired me on converting the recommended Gentle Art Sampler Threads to silks. I decided to work mine in Thread Gather Silk N Colors and Glorianna silks on 36-ct Picture This Plus Heritage.
Christmas Garden by Blackbird Designs
36-count Picture This Plus Heritage with Thread Gatherer Silk N Colors and Glorianna
A fellow male blogger and stitcher-- Edgar -- also inspired me to get back to my Shores of Hawk Run Hollow by Carriage House Samplings. I really like this design and always wonder why I always but it aside.I am going to personilize this with the dates that I was in the US Navy. I am using DMC on 40-count Lakeside Linen Examplar.
Shores of Hawk Run Hollow by Carriage House Samplings
40-count Lakeside Linen Examplar with DMC floss
Hopefully, I will have something finished to show you in my next posting instead of just some works in process -- unless I find something else to start and add to the never ending list of projects!
Happy Easter, Passover and Spring -- Thanks again for stopping by and visiting.
Comments
After starting a new project every Sunday in January I'm once again back to focusing on one project at a time. It is lots of fun to start a bunch of new projects though.
Happy Easter!
I love the colors in Mexican School Girl too. I think I have to give that sampler another look and add it to my collection.
There are just too many great projects out there. I need to stop reading blogs that enable my wallet to be emptied!
Michele
Dansville, MI
Thansk for your lovely comment on my Blog about Pompejian Garden, would love to see your wip progress on your piece.
You have some gorgeous pieces on the go, just stunning.
Looking forward to seeing more
Kathy xxxxx
Keep stitching!
i will definily come back!
Ezia.