A very Happy New Year to all of my friendly followers and fellow stitchers.
It is hard to believe that another year has come to an end. This past year seemed to go by way to fast. And at looking at the date of my last post it seems that once again I have not kept to my goal of at least updating my blog once a month. I would really like to be like some of my fellow bloggers who post at least once a week. I think a gola this year will be to at least post once a month and gradually build into it. It would be great if I could at least post a couple of snapshots of current WIPS without having to think of something to say.
I had a total of twelve finishes in 2011 which I am really proud of since a few of them were fairly large samplers. The complete list can be found at the bootom of my blog under Completed 2011.
I did manage to get two projects completed before the end of the year - B.B 1699 by The Essamplaire and Side By Side Band Samplers by The Scarlet Letter.
The Side by Side Band Sampler is one of those that has been on my wish list for a long time. I was able to purchase the chart and fabric from a friend who was cleaning out some of her stash in preparation for a move.
This was stitched on a 40-ct lakeside linen using a combination of AVAS and NPI silks. the chart called for all AVAS threads but I decided to switch some of the colors and replace with a couple of my own choosing. I really like how this one came out. I was so excited to get the chart that I started it almost immeduately and did not stop until it was completed. That is something new for me since I tend to get bored with one sampler and move on to another. So I guess a good goal for the year would be to start and finish a sampler before moving on to another. But that is propably not likely since there is always something new put out by a designer or something you see on another blog temps you (and there are a lot of those out there).
There is no new start for me this month. Since I am in my Dutch/German mood I decided to get back to finishing Aeltie Claes 1673 Sampler by The Essamplaire. Since I just picked this back up last night I have not made any progress since the last time I shared a picture (click here to see where I left off). I promise to post a sanp of the progress by the end of the month.
Once, again I must thank each of you for stopping by and leaving your kind comments. May the New Year bring you peace, hope, prosperity and plenty of time to stitch.
It is hard to believe that another year has come to an end. This past year seemed to go by way to fast. And at looking at the date of my last post it seems that once again I have not kept to my goal of at least updating my blog once a month. I would really like to be like some of my fellow bloggers who post at least once a week. I think a gola this year will be to at least post once a month and gradually build into it. It would be great if I could at least post a couple of snapshots of current WIPS without having to think of something to say.
I had a total of twelve finishes in 2011 which I am really proud of since a few of them were fairly large samplers. The complete list can be found at the bootom of my blog under Completed 2011.
I did manage to get two projects completed before the end of the year - B.B 1699 by The Essamplaire and Side By Side Band Samplers by The Scarlet Letter.
B.B 1699 by The Essamplaire
Worked on 40-Ct Lakeside Linen using AVAS Silks
I really like Dutch samplers and this one was a joy to stitch. You do get a little bit tired of the beige and green but the motifs are a lot of fun to stitch. I switched out the linen in the kit to a 40 count LakeSide linen and stitched it with one strand of silk over two. The kit contained a 30-ct hand-dyed linen with instructions two stitch it with two strands of silk over two linen threads. I will be using the 30-ct linen for another project. This one will be added to my collection of Dutch samplers which I hope to get framed and hung together on a wall. Just need to save up the peenies for the framing.The Side by Side Band Sampler is one of those that has been on my wish list for a long time. I was able to purchase the chart and fabric from a friend who was cleaning out some of her stash in preparation for a move.
Side by Side Band Samplers by The Scarlet Letter
Worked on 40-ct Lakeside Linen using NPI and AVAS Silks
This was stitched on a 40-ct lakeside linen using a combination of AVAS and NPI silks. the chart called for all AVAS threads but I decided to switch some of the colors and replace with a couple of my own choosing. I really like how this one came out. I was so excited to get the chart that I started it almost immeduately and did not stop until it was completed. That is something new for me since I tend to get bored with one sampler and move on to another. So I guess a good goal for the year would be to start and finish a sampler before moving on to another. But that is propably not likely since there is always something new put out by a designer or something you see on another blog temps you (and there are a lot of those out there).
There is no new start for me this month. Since I am in my Dutch/German mood I decided to get back to finishing Aeltie Claes 1673 Sampler by The Essamplaire. Since I just picked this back up last night I have not made any progress since the last time I shared a picture (click here to see where I left off). I promise to post a sanp of the progress by the end of the month.
Once, again I must thank each of you for stopping by and leaving your kind comments. May the New Year bring you peace, hope, prosperity and plenty of time to stitch.
Comments
It has been such fun to watch your progress and finishes in 2011; makes 2012 something to look forward to, LOL! Bet you'll top last year's results with not trouble at all.
~~Gayle~~
Happy 2012!
Happy New Year and Happy Stitching!
Happy New Year ahead!
I love your wish for the year. I hope that happens for all of us.
Your bandsampler is stunning!! love the colours.
Happy New Year.
Happy New Year
If you just want to post pics that's ok with me as long as you include fabric and title with designer. - so I can drool and contemplate purchase.
Happy Stitching!
Happy 2012 stitching!