Skip to main content

B.B 1699 Update and Maria's Dechado Finish

It always amazes me how fast time goes by these days.  I did not realize that it had been so long since my last blog post. So I must thank you for hanging in there with me.

I have been working on some Christmas ornaments over the last couple of weeks for exchanges. I will post pictures of these after they have been given to their new homes. When going through some of my older stitched Items I found a few ornaments that have been stitched but not finished. So I guess I will spend some time over the next couple of weeks on finishing -- which is not as much fun as the stitching itself.
B.B. 1699 from The Essamplaire
Worked on 40-ct Lakeside Navy Bean using AVAS Silk

I have made a little bit of progress on B.B 1699 from The Essamplaire.  This is a great little piece.  B.B. made very good use of the piece of linen.  And there are only 10 colors used.  It is going a little slow because there are a lot of places where the stitches are off set by one linen thread.  The house has a lot of areas where there is only one linen thread that separates the "bricks".  So you have to pay a lot of attention to the pattern.

In my time away I also started and finished Maria's Dechado by Samplers Remembered.

Maria's Dechado by Samplers Remembered
Worked on 40-ct Lakeside Navy Bean using AVAS Silks
Close up of the Aztec Stitch section

This is a great piece and I really enjoyed the Aztec stitch part of the sampler. I have been wanting to try this stitch for a long time. It is always a little bit hard to take scissors to your stitched piece and start cutting and pulling out threads.  Never sure if the four sided stitch is really going to  hold those remaining threads in place.

The right side of this sampler is stitched over three threads instead of the standard one or two threads.  So that did take a little bit of getting use to but it goes really quick.

My goal for the remainder of the month is to work (and hopefully finish) B.B. 1699 and complete some more ornaments.

Thank you all once again for your kind comments and words.  It is always great to hear from you.

Comments

Bertie said…
A lovely sampler and Dutch too, beautifully stitched Robert.
Maria is gorgeous too, the bands are fabulous:))
Laurie in Iowa said…
Both samplers are beautiful... but Maria's sampler, with the Aztec stitch section is very special.
Mary said…
Your work is amazing...not a big enough word though. Your last finish is so beautiful, the Aztec part is some thing I have never seen before.Mary
Giovanna said…
Wonderful finish, Robert - congratulations! Your stitching is lovely. The B.B. sampler is also very pretty.
Margaret said…
Beautiful work as always! I love your Maria's Deschado finish, and the BB Sampler is gorgeous -- such lovely colors!
samplerlover said…
Both BB and Maria are such beautiful samplers. Love Maria. The Aztec stitch looks wonderful.
David said…
Your work is amazing... as always. Congratulations.
marly said…
Fantastic samplers. I really enjoyed seeing Maria since I never heard of the Aztec stitch. What an interesting piece.
Deborah said…
Your stitching is truly an inspiration!
Peggy Lee said…
Beautiful samplers! That Aztec stitch would scare me but I should really give it a try. You stitched it so perfectly.
Catherine said…
Lovely pieces! The B.B. 1699 sounds very involved - it will definitely be beautiful when finished. And the Maria Dechado is absolutely stunning! Love that Aztec stitch!
Varla Lee said…
Wonderful work!! Lovely samplers! Go ahead stitching my friend. Hugs from an italian stitcher.
Michelle said…
Maria is stunning - such a gorgeous finish! And of course, you know I'm loving how BB is turning out. I've been working on ornaments too. But I hate finishing them!!!
Loraine said…
Amazing as always, Robert. I know what you mean about cutting your linen. It's unnerving, isn't it? Looks like you did a great job.
Katrina said…
Wow Robert, really gorgeous!!!!
Sylvia said…
Robert, you always amaze me at the amount of work you get done. Both pieces are really beautiful. Maria is a stunner, for sure. I am planning to attempt her one day in the far, far future.
Mrs Dibble said…
OOh yes stitching and then cutting - terrifying - but beautiful result. Well done.
Devon said…
Wow those are beautiful works of art,,thanks for sharing,,
ParisMaddy said…
My first visit to your blog. You have some amazing stitchery!
MoonBeam said…
I agree with all the adjectives in the above posts. And, yes, the Aztec stitch takes the prize. Gorgeous!

Bobbi
What a beautiful sampler. I have it at home and I can say that your completed stitch looks so much prettier than the picture that came along with the chart.
I really enjoy reading the post, thanks for sharing I really like it, I already bookmarked it, thank you guys.
I wanted to thank you for this great learn!! I positively enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to take a look at new stuff you post.
They are all amazingly beautiful, I love them both.
Anonymous said…
Excellent work of art. It's very attractive. credit collection agency

Popular posts from this blog

Back in the Game!

Once again I have been away from my blog for way too long.  I get caught up in a lot of other things rather than posting pics of starts and finishes. These last couple of months have gone by way too fast. I have received a couple of messages from some followers making sure I was okay and looking forward to an update. I do have a few finishes and will spread these out over the next couple of weeks. First up is one that had been in the WIP pile for a long time -- Not For Us Alone from Amy Mitten.  Amy taught this piece at the Tudor Rose Sampler Guild back in the early 2000's (I cannot remember the date/year that I took the class). A friend of mine took the class with me and she had finished hers a long time ago. She recently moved and hung the sampler in her dining room.  So needless to say every time I go over to her house it was taunting me to get mine finished.  So here is my completed Not For Us Alone. Amy Mitten Designs Kit -Worked on 36-ct ...

Mary Allen 1818 Finished!

Once again I must thank all of you for your kind words and comments on my blog. I have meet some wonderful people in this venture who share the same passion for needlework. I was really surprised when I went to compose my blog post today and noticed that I have 199 followers. I will put something together for a little drawing so please stay posted. We finally have some decent weather in Texas (no +100F days since we had a cool front that moved into the area last night). Our high temperature for the day was only 81F and expected to get down into the low 60s overnight.  I could get use to this but we are expected to get back into the lower 90's by the end of the week.  But it is still try (no measureable rain received or expected) leaving us still in a severe drought situation. So we are still praying for rain. My goal was to finish Sampler's Rembered Mary Allen 1818 by Labor Day and I put the last stitches in on Saturday, September 3. ...

Christmas in July!

I would like to thank all of you for your kind comments, thoughts and prayers regarding my health issue. A brief update is provided at the end of the post. In my last post I had not yet decided whether to start something new or to finish something in my WIP pile.   It has been very hot here in North Texas so doing a couple of holiday pieces seemed to be in order. Jane Pattison 1806 by Shakespeare's Peddler I have had this chart in my stash since it first became available.   This piece really looks very looks and feels like a Christmas sampler with the border of green garland and candles.   I stitched this on 40-ct Lakeside linen using the recommended Gentle Arts Sampler Threads instead of the recommended wool threads. I did substitute the Harvest Basket with Gold Leaf since the Harvest Basket was very close in color to Cidermill Brown and I wanted to add a little bit of gold to the piece like in the picture on the pattern. I also stitch two bands...