Skip to main content

A Finish, a Start, and More…

Thank you to all of my followers for your kind comments on my Aeltie Claes 1673 by Essamplaire. It is a fun piece. I was able to complete all of the regular cross stitch of the bands on the left hand side.  I am starting work on the part of the design with the running stitch.  I really think I will change this to be a four-sided  stitch since it will make it look a little bit more “lacy”.  The running stitch that it calls for does not show up very well with the white silk thread. So will need to see what will work best. 

P4230130 P4230131














My latest finish is Rhoda Hastings 1863. I was able to finish her on this trip. As stated in a previous post she is stitched on 40-ct using Hand Dyed Fibers.

P4230128

I have also been working on the Celtic Sampler – Wallace by Needle’s Prayse.  I am stitiching it on 40-count linen using the specified NPI fibers.

P4230129

This one has been a lot of fun so far. There is no cross stitch in the whole piece.  I have been switching between the blocks with Queen Stitch and the background stitch (all the blue in the center piece).  I am saving the gold work until later so I do not crush it with the hoop.

I was on the on the road again until Good Friday so was not able to get a weekly blog update posted.  I was in Tasmania, Australia (known as Tassie by the locals) – a little bit further around the world from my last post. Tasmania is a very beautiful place.  It is the start of the fall in that part of the world so the trees were just starting to change color.

I really like to hike so on my next visit in May I am planning on spending the weekend in the mountains.

That is all for now.  Will start to post weekly even if it is to say hello.

Comments

Margaret said…
Oh my! Shouldn't have looked. lol! I love your finish!!! The colors are wonderful! And your two WIPs -- stunning! I want to stitch them all now! :D I look forward to seeing your progress.
Edgar said…
What a great start and a beautiful finish!!
Natalia said…
Robert, I love your work, I remember now what a great stitcher you are... fast too ! :-) I love the Celtic Sampler... I agree with Margaret, I shouldn't have looked. Hey, you do some traveling, do you ever get tired of it? I guess I could do it too as long as my cross stitch came with me :-)
Anonymous said…
Your RH is beautiful! I have to add that one to the stash for sure. The band on the AC is so pretty. I can't wait to see it finished.
corinna said…
ditto to all the above comments
1863 is phenomenal- as are the wips
Raven/Missy said…
These samplers are all stunning! You are a wonderful stitcher. Thank you for sharing your work with us, it is very inspiring!
Stef said…
Robert, your work is so beautiful - I love visiting and seeing what you are stitching now!
I need to bow at your feet. The fact that you are doing the Celtic Sampler, and taking on all of those queen stitches, well, let's just say "You are THE man!" Beautiful work, truly.
Michelle said…
Gorgeous finish, and oh your wips are fantastic! I love that that piece has no cross-stitch in it - what a challenge that must be. The hiking will be wonderful, I'm sure - definitely plan on it!
Katrina said…
Love your finish and WIPs and the Wallace piece is amazing!
Littlebit said…
What beautiful pieces!
Paulette said…
It's been a long time since a sampler has tempted me like Aeltie... stunning. Great work.

Paulette
Mary said…
What a lovely finish and WIP! The Needle's Prayse piece is gorgeous. Love the colors and all the "un-cross" stitches!
Annemarie said…
I just happened upon your blog and didn't want to leave without saying how much I enjoyed it! Your choice of projects is gorgeous and your work is beautiful!
MoonBeam said…
That Celtic sampler is beautiful. I've never seen anything like that before. Can't wait to see updates!
Loraine said…
Wow, is all I can say! I'm loving your samplers, and your blog. I'm so happy to have found you, and I'm definitely adding you to the blog roll! You're very inspiring.
Bertie said…
Love the Dutch samplers you are stitching, and The Needle's prayse sampler looks fantastic.
Love all your samplers, wow I am amazed at your
wonderful work and talent on all your beautiful wips, congratulations, Vilma
Carol R said…
Beautiful stitching Robert - thank you for sharing your wonderful work!
Karen said…
You do wonderful work!!! I learned XS while I was in the AF and stationed in England :) You have an amazing array of samplers!! Love the Long Dog pieces, especially! Keep up the lovely work - I look forward to your updates!

Popular posts from this blog

Back in the Game!

Once again I have been away from my blog for way too long.  I get caught up in a lot of other things rather than posting pics of starts and finishes. These last couple of months have gone by way too fast. I have received a couple of messages from some followers making sure I was okay and looking forward to an update. I do have a few finishes and will spread these out over the next couple of weeks. First up is one that had been in the WIP pile for a long time -- Not For Us Alone from Amy Mitten.  Amy taught this piece at the Tudor Rose Sampler Guild back in the early 2000's (I cannot remember the date/year that I took the class). A friend of mine took the class with me and she had finished hers a long time ago. She recently moved and hung the sampler in her dining room.  So needless to say every time I go over to her house it was taunting me to get mine finished.  So here is my completed Not For Us Alone. Amy Mitten Designs Kit -Worked on 36-ct ...

Mary Allen 1818 Finished!

Once again I must thank all of you for your kind words and comments on my blog. I have meet some wonderful people in this venture who share the same passion for needlework. I was really surprised when I went to compose my blog post today and noticed that I have 199 followers. I will put something together for a little drawing so please stay posted. We finally have some decent weather in Texas (no +100F days since we had a cool front that moved into the area last night). Our high temperature for the day was only 81F and expected to get down into the low 60s overnight.  I could get use to this but we are expected to get back into the lower 90's by the end of the week.  But it is still try (no measureable rain received or expected) leaving us still in a severe drought situation. So we are still praying for rain. My goal was to finish Sampler's Rembered Mary Allen 1818 by Labor Day and I put the last stitches in on Saturday, September 3. ...

Christmas in July!

I would like to thank all of you for your kind comments, thoughts and prayers regarding my health issue. A brief update is provided at the end of the post. In my last post I had not yet decided whether to start something new or to finish something in my WIP pile.   It has been very hot here in North Texas so doing a couple of holiday pieces seemed to be in order. Jane Pattison 1806 by Shakespeare's Peddler I have had this chart in my stash since it first became available.   This piece really looks very looks and feels like a Christmas sampler with the border of green garland and candles.   I stitched this on 40-ct Lakeside linen using the recommended Gentle Arts Sampler Threads instead of the recommended wool threads. I did substitute the Harvest Basket with Gold Leaf since the Harvest Basket was very close in color to Cidermill Brown and I wanted to add a little bit of gold to the piece like in the picture on the pattern. I also stitch two bands...